Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Suspicions.

So, first, the good news.
I have a phone interview for a job tomorrow at 12:30, pray for me to get it. I want it, I want it, I want it. I need to be personable and confident and correct.

Now the weird news. I should tell you a quick story first. So my very first boyfriend (back in 8th grade) thought I was lying to him about stuff so he made up an alter ego named Luke and pretended to be an angel, my guardian angel. And me, being the stupid 13 year old that I was, believed him without a second thought. And Luke was a slave in America and he was killed during the war and all that jazz. And of course it eventually came out that my boyfriend was really him and we ended up not together. Oddly enough, we're still friends.
And now I'm in this situation that's giving me serious deja vu. So, I get this email on Facebook from this guy called "Ladi John" who is from Nigeria, but is in the town network that I am.

"...Hello.am ladi by name from nigeria..angel dont say couse am from nigeria you wont talk to me.i do like to be your friend.don't you have Id so we could talk better..tell me more about you angel you are beautiful for a friend.do you mind if i give you a call?don't see am to fast just try to understand the feeling inside of me...
Stars are like friends; there's always some around, you just need to find your favorite one...A friend is someone who will always be there when everyone else fails...
A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail.If I could give you one thing I would wish for you, the ability to see yourself as others see you, then you would realize what a truly special person you are..A best friend is the one sitting beside you saying, 'Damn that was fun.
I know when I leave, the distance will keep us apart. But distance, no matter how far, can't change these feelings in my heart...Time may take us apart, that's true, but I will always be there for you...
You're in my heart, you'll be in my dreams, no matter the miles between..These lonely nights are hard to get through. I will keep you in my eyes by making you a dream...Far in distance, but near at heart, you'll always be the angel of my heart...Distance does not matter if two hearts are loyal to one another..."

See, to me, it sounds as if he knows me. And I'm wondering if this is my ex-boyfriend trying to be funny or something. Plus, "Ladi John" is friends with this girl I used to know who I know my ex is facebook friends with. I'm suspicious about this, it kind of bothers me. But at least this time I have a better sense of what I'm doing. I'm not actually believing this stuff. And who knows? Maybe it is real. Maybe I'm making this into something that its not. Or maybe I'm just being smart this time. Gotta love those trust issues.

So this was my reply:
"...Well, I'm very flattered. Thank you for the beautiful email.
For now, I'll say that if you add me as a friend on Facebook, I'll accept you, but you should know that I'm very busy at college and I don't have a lot of time for playing around on the internet, as much as I'd like to.
I don't know if you're looking for something special from me, and if so, I apologize because I don't have much to give. Email me again...."

See, I was really kind of curious. This is just reminding me so much of something that happened five years ago, but like its been taken from a different direction. I want to know more so I can know if I should be freaked out or something. I should probably set my profile to private, if it isn't already (I really just don't know).
So then I get another email.

"...Am so happy to hear from you soon...well am kind of busy person too, but if you dont mind if you can give me your Email or phone number so i could call you when i like okay.... do not say am to fast or something, i hope you understand better the kind of feeling i have for you...i do like to know you more better if you really dont mind...take care..."

I really don't know what to think. I feel like this is my ex screwing with me again for no apparant reason. I keep trying to think what I could have done. Anyway, its freaking me out and I shouldn't have replied at all, but I'm stupid, so here's what I replied the second time.

"...I don't mind. You can email me here, I get email alerts when someone emails me on facebook so I can check them out pretty fast. I don't have a phone right now. I just moved and we don't have a land line or anything, so I just can't give out a number that doesn't exist. Sorry. But feel free to email me whenever, I respond pretty quickly...."

Like hell was I gonna give you my phone number. That's absolute shit! Are you insane, do you think I'm that stupid? I mean for the love of God. I'm still a little freaked out and I plan to record everything that happens here. See, it would fit well with the whole phone number thing. My ex has my old room number, but not my new one. Maybe this is his special way of trying to get it. Maybe it isn't him at all. All I know is I'm not going to be giving "Ladi John" anything important about me.

Song of the day: Karen by Night--Jill Sobule.

Woot, bought the CD, Jill Sobule, yesterday at the CD place near the bookstore. I wanna live there. "Looking like young Marlon Brando..." has been stuck in my head for days now. I love her. Love, love, love her music. I'd say something cheesy, like "It speaks to my soul" but I think it just sounds cool, so lets leave it at that.

Remember. Pray for my job interview tomorrow. I'll tell you how it goes.
Lizzie Arlen

No comments:

Post a Comment